08 décembre 2011

{ Coup de Coeur Créateur : James Ward }


La vaisselle pour enfants crée par James Ward


























James Ward's profile


"I have created a range of hand drawn ceramics that are fun and centered around animals either protecting, stealing, eating or asking politely for your food.

I studied Illustration at Westminster University in London where I developed a love of working in pen and ink. I wanted to create pieces that have a narrative, but an ambiguous one. I feel drawing anthropomorphic characters can describe so much about human emotions and personalities with the juxtaposition of the animal’s expression against his clothing, an item or text.
I have experimented with a range of mediums in illustration, but it was only this year after a visit to Sweden, inspired by the huge range of natural history surface design on furnishings and home wares, that I began experimenting with ceramics. I tend to create a new character every couple of weeks, and it’s exciting getting feedback for my new designs.
One of the main contexts of my recent work is the idea that big scary animals can still express themselves and still like to eat cakes off plates! I often use stereotypes of animals, but aim to make them original and a bit quirky. What I like about drawing animal characters is the response from people who identify with them; usually telling me that they know someone who acts like one of them"

James Ward



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...